Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Reaction to Chapter 2 Blogging America

For Com 430z I have read chapter two of Aaron Barlow’s book called Blogging America. Barlow talks about many aspects of blogs in this chapter of his book. He starts out by telling the audience if we keep blogging at this rate, there will be a whopping five hundred million blogs by the year 2010. Barlow also points out in the start of this chapter the even with the 75 million blogs already on the web, there are still people who do not know anything about them.



Blogs are also seen by many people as not being creditable. Anyone anywhere can be the author of their own blog saying anything they want. There is no one to stop them, edit their work, or censor what the user’s say. To me I see blogs being more like journals and should not be used regularly for sources of information but more or sources of entertainment. Barlow tells us that the blogs may be created to get peoples opinions about a certain thing or even just to relieve a little stress. They may be used for educational purposes such as our Com 430z class or they could be started for a business.



Personally the only blog that I use is the one for this class. Reading this chapter made me realize that blogging is actually pretty popular and not just something that people with no time do. I can really look into anything I want and even have one so only my friends and I can use. Truthfully I have not spent much time looking at people’s blogs and reading what they write. I am sure that one day I will be introduced to it and will become a blog-aholic. My motorcycle forums are addicting as it is so I can only imagine me blogging about any given topic.

Barlow, Aaron. Blogging America. (2008). The Blogs in Society (Chapter 2).

No comments: