Monday, September 22, 2008

September 22nd Journal

Surprisingly today there has not been much activity at all on the forums. A little upsetting to me actually because it has become a source of entertainment for me. In my past journal post I have been talking about the issue of the Free Rider problem.




Now I would like to bring up the issue of identity. Basically the point being is that you do not know who you are talking to on the other end of the computer. Most of the time we see some sort or nickname so there is some source of identity. But names can be misleading. For example, speed demon376 (Just a random name I made up) may be very miss leading. I do not know this persons gender or age or anything else about them. One might ask must we really know if they are male or female and even how old they are? Personally I feel I do not need to know. But to others it might. Especially when it comes to the topic of experience and riding motorcycles.

No comments: